Day 01 – Airport Colombo
- Check in to a hotel in Colombo
- Overnight stay in Colombo
Day 02 – Colombo | Kitulgala | Nuwara Eliya
- Nuwara Eliya city tour
- Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
Day 03 – Nuwara Eliya | Kandy
- Tea factory en rout Kandy city tour
- Gem museum
- Temple of Tooth Relic
- Cultural show
- Overnight stay in Kandy
Day 04 – Kandy | Dambulla | Sigiriya
- Peradeniya botanical gardens
- Dambulla rock cave temple
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Day 05 – Sigiriya | Minneriya | Sigiriya
- Climb the Sigiriya rock fortress
- Minneriya national park safari
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya
Day 06 – Sigiriya | Anuradhapura | Mihintale
- Anuradhapura ruins & sites
- Climb Mihintale rock (cradle of Buddhism)- Optional event
- Overnight stay in Anuradhapura
Day 07 – Anuradhapura | Negombo
- Afternoon at leisure in beach resort
- Overnight stay in Negombo
Day 08 – Negombo | Airport
- Departure from Katunayake Airport
- Meet at the Airport and check in to a hotel in Colombo.
- Leave for Pinnawala elephant orphanage. Witness the feeding of orphaned baby elephants and elephants bathing and frolicking in the river after their meal.
- Leave for Sigiriya visiting a spice garden and Dambulla cave temples on the way. Stay overnight in Sigiriya/ Habarana.
- Dambulla rock caves history dates back to 1 century BC, where King Walagambahu took refuge here once and later he turned the caves in to a temple. In Dambulla cave temple some of the ceiling paintings are over 2000 years old.
- In the morning leave for Kandy visiting a Tea factory en route. Kandy was the capital of the last kingdom of Sinhalese kings is undoubtedly the most beautiful city in the island Situated in the valley in the hills 1600 feet above the sea level. The city surrounded by the mountains still carries the old world charm and the traditions of the Sri Lankans.
- In Kandy go on a city tour visit the Gem Museum; Visit the Temple of Tooth Relic the most venerated place of the Buddhist, where the sacred tooth relic of Buddha is enshrined.
- In the evening witness a cultural show.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Kandy.
- Morning visit Peradeniya Botanical Gardens. Peradeniya botanical garden established in 1821 by Mr. Alexander Moon is easily one of the best of its kind in the world.
- Proceed to Sigiriya visiting Dambulla rock cave temple en route.
- Dambulla rock caves history dates back to 1st century BC, where King Walagambahu took refuge here once and later he turned the caves in to a temple in Dambulla cave temple some of the ceiling paintings are over 2000 years old.
- Overnight stay in Sigiriya.
- Climb Sigiriya rock fortress in the morning after breakfast. The King Kassapa built the Sigiriya Rock fortress in 5th century AD It is a complex of buildings , part Royal Palace. also known as the Lion rock the king’s palace was on top of the rock with water ponds etc. Marvel the world famous frescoes on the wall depicting goddesses from heaven.
- Go on a safari to the Minneriya National Park in the late afternoon witness the many herds of wild elephants gathering to quench their thirst and dip in the cool waters of the Minneriya Tank prior to retiring for the day.
- Proceed to Anuradhapurapura tour of the Ancient city. Anuradhapura can be considered as the cradle of Sinhalese civilization. Visit the Sri Maha Bodhi, The Sacred Bo tree brought to Sri Lanka in 3rd century B.C this is the world’s oldest authenticated tree venerated by the Buddhists all over the world.
- Visit Mihintale in the late afternoon.
- Optional dinner and overnight stay in Anuradhapura
Anuradhapura was the first capital of Sri Lanka founded in the 5th Century B.C. and is one of the worlds largest archaeological sites. Mihintale is the cradle of Buddism and the history dates back to 247 c B.C. This is where the King Devanampiyatissa met Arhath Mahinda the great Buddhist missionary who came from India and preached the Buddhist doctrine to the King. The King having embraced Buddhism declared the forest he met Arhat Mahinda as a sanctuary, the first historically documented sanctuary in the world.
- Leave for Negombo via Putlam.
- Afternoon relax on the beach Negombo is a characteristic fishing town and is 6 km from the airport and is a Catholic predominant town.
- Leave for the airport for departure.
- Accommodations sharing twin
- Meals on half board basis (breakfast & dinner)
- Air-conditioned exclusive transport
- Entrance fees at locations specified in tour itinerary
- English speaking chauffeur-guide
- Meals and accommodation for chauffeur guide
- International airfare
- Lunch & beverages
- Expenses of a personal nature (Telephone calls, laundry etc,.)
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Departure airport tax
- Any supplements hotels may add. Eg: December 31st night supplement, Perahera supplement etc.