Located on the south west coast, 65 kilometers south of Colombo and 92 kilometers from the International Airport.Approximate traveling time from airport to hotel is 180 minutes by road .
Saman Villas is perched on a rocky headland dividing two long seemingly endless, surf swept unspoilt beaches of golden sand, backed by dense green coconut plantations, in the quiet-sleepy fishing village of Aturuwella in Bentota. The atmosphere is one of tranquility, disturbed only by the sounds of birds and the waves breaking on the rocks below. The views, from anywhere in the hotel, are magnificent. Apart from doing business Saman is also involved in CSR initiatives where they entirely funded the renovation and upgrading of an irrigation tank in a remote poor village 260 km from the hotel.
The 27 rooms are set out in two-storey villa houses each with a Superior Suite upstairs and a larger Deluxe Suite at ground level. All boast fine coastal views and are similarly decorated in a clean, airy traditional Sri Lankan style with teak floors, bamboo furnishings and white washed walls. You’ll find a veranda overlooking the sea and inside, a spacious open-plan layout with a sitting area and a slightly raised sleeping platform with a wooden bed and handmade quilt. Bathrooms are semi-open air but with Western comforts: hot water, big baths, separate showers, built-in hairdryers and light up make-up mirrors. This is Sri Lankan luxury for those who prefer their accommodation Westernised – aircon, minibar, TV and CD/DVD player are standard features.
The two-storey Saman Villa Suite (with the bedroom located upstairs) and some of the Deluxe Suites have their own 22-foot long private swimming pools.
Located a few miles south of the tourist resort of Bentota, Saman Villas is in a quiet, unspoilt location with long surf-swept golden beaches either side backed by coconut plantations. Don’t come expecting action-packed days – this is somewhere to unwind.
- Pamper yourself with a herbal massage at the spa
- Laze by the large pool or by your own private one
- Roam the large gardens and decide to watch sunset from a different spot every day
- Invite new found friends over to your balcony for dinner
- Borrow a CD from the hotel’s private collection and dance in your room until dawn
- Join the entertainers – from dancers to singers – who perform on certain nights in the main living area
- Take a trip into nearby Bentota and visit its ancient Buddhist Temples
- Visit the nearby Turtle Hatchery where visitors are encouraged to released baby turtles into the seas as part of a conservation program
Discover Holidays Sri Lanka invites you to Tour Sri Lanka and Travel Sri Lanka to check out the best Hotels in Sri Lanka you can enjoy your Holiday in Sri Lanka. We have the best Tour Sri Lanka packages online, you can enjoy tour Sri Lanka and Travel Sri Lanka