Discover World heritage city Kandy the capital of the Last Kingdom of Sri Lanka.
|Day||Route||Places Visited||Overnight Stay|
|2||Colombo Pinnawela , Kandy||
|3||Sight seeing in Kandy||
Queens Hotel Kandy
Royal Palace of Kandy
Arrival at Katunayake International Airport. Check in to a hotel in Colombo.
Leave for Pinnawala Elephant orphanage. Witness the feeding of orphaned baby elephants and elephants bathing and frolicking in the river after their meal. Leave for Kandy the capital of the last kingdom of Singhalese Kings, Undoubtedly the most beautiful city in the Island.
- Visit a Spice Garden.
- Visit Gadaladeniya Temple built in 1344 AD during the period of King Buvanekebahu IV.
- Visit the Embekke Devalaya built in 1371 AD during the period of King Wickremebahu. This temple dedicated to God Kataragama is famous for its intricate wood carvings.
- Check in to hotel in Kandy. Late afternoon witness a cultural show.
- Visit the Temple of Tooth relic where Tooth Relic of the Lord Buddha is enshrined.
- Visit the Kandy Museum.
- Visit the Palace of the last King of Kandy kingdom and the Queens Pavilion (Bathing house).
- Visit the Kandy Market Fruit Market and the Gem Lapidary.
- Visit the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens.
- Visit a Tea Plantation en route to Colombo/ Negombo.
- Night stay in Negombo.
Leave for Katunayake International Airport